A pair of red shoes makes a black dressed woman shine.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Flamenco red shoes




When I was little I loved flamenco shoes. I remember the day my parents bought me my first pair, I was about two or three years old and I wore them all the time. Even at school. They were my favorite shoes without a doubt.

Almost twenty years later things haven’t changed too much. Yesterday I was walking down the street and a little three-year-old girl stared at me with her eyes and mouth wide open. Then she started to run in her mum’s direction and shouted: she's wearing flamenco shoes! I wish she got a pair.. as I did when I was her age.



Siempre me han encantado los zapatos de sevillana y recuerdo perfectamente el día en que mis padres me compraron mi primer par. Tenía dos o tres años y los llevaba puestos a todos los sitios, incluso al colegio. Puedo decir sin lugar a dudas que eran mis zapatos preferidos.

Y la verdad es que, casi veinte años después, parece que las cosas no han cambiado demasiado. Ayer iba andando por la calle y una niña pequeña de unos tres años se quedó parada mientras me miraba a los pies con la boca abierta y echó a correr hacia su madre gritando: ¡lleva zapatos de sevillana! Ojalá le hayan comprado unos.. como a mí cuando tenía su edad.

No comments:

Post a Comment